These days, the automotive market offers a variety of vehicles to choose from. You will find yourself drawn to cars for its impressive function and elegant style. However, safety, comfort and practicality are the factors that are often neglected. Experts say that is you want your vehicle to last long, the safety features should be among your top priorities. Check out the following:
- Safety belts. This is the single most important safety feature that has to be installed in a car. Seat belts keep passengers safe in their seats so that impact to dashboard, steering wheel or other things in the car will be avoided.
- Air bags. These are designed to protect the driver and passengers, these bags are usually hidden in the steering wheel, dashboard, sides, and even in rear seats. Air bag systems are becoming advance as new car innovations are introduced.
- Anti-lock Brake System. This feature prevents the wheels of your car from locking during panic braking. It is highly recommended that you learn how to use this system correctly to ensure that you get its greatest benefit.
- Cameras and sensors. These are designed to help prevent head-on collisions and other catastrophes.
Trivia Info Resource: www.ts-export.com
People may put too much thought into the different car names. Do you know how those cars pick up their names?
This famous car company got its start as NAT Motorcar in 1914. The “DAT” name came from the initials of the 3 founders’ family names. In the meantime, Yoshisuke Aikawa, who is a businessman, founded Nippon Sango (Japan Industries), which is an industrial holding company in 1928. In 1931, the company bought out DAT, and became abbreviated as Nissan.
During the early 1980s, Nissan cars exported out of Japan carry the Datsun badge. But in 1981, executives announced that they’re changing this practice to boost global awareness of the Nissan brand.
Honda got its name from its founder, Soichiro Honda. He was a gifted mechanic who started the Honda Motor Co. Ltd to build small motorcycles in 1946. By the 1960s, it became one of the largest bike manufacturers in the world. It was only in 1963 that Honda introduced its very first production automobile, which is the Honda T360 pickup truck.
Mazda got its name from Ahura Mazda, which is the Zoroastrian god of reason who granted wisdom and has united nature, man and the other gods.
Trivia Info Resource: www.TS-EXPORT.com
Before, military vehicles are commonly used in areas where terrorists’ presence is visible. However, these days, the military and police forces are also investing in military vehicles are these provide maximum safety and protection not only for those riding but also for the people living in the area. The presence of such military vehicles alone will already send a signal to the enemy that there is a strong force backing up the area.
To know more about these military vehicles, check out the most common types that most military and police forces invest in:
- Tanks. Tanks are among the most common types of military vehicles. These are used not only for protection and defense but for offensive moves against the enemies and their territories.
- Military trucks. These are military wheeled motor vehicles used to transport cargo which includes fuel, ammunition and other military vehicles.
- Armoured personal carriers. Military and police forces are now using these types of military vehicle to upgrade and level up security measures in critical areas.
- Mortar carriers. A mortar carrier is a self-propelled artillery piece. A mortar is its primary weapon. This mortar is fully integrated into the vehicle and cannot be dismounted from the vehicle.
Trivia Info Resource: www.nimr.ae
In 2007, Japanese cars have surpassed the production in the U.S. by 12%, which makes Japan the largest car maker in the world. This happened even with the fact that vehicle sales hit a 20-year low the year before. Indeed, Japan holds plenty of vehicle firsts.
In 1982, Honda’s Accord first came off the assembly line at Ohio. This is actually the first Japanese car built in America. Since 1976, Accord has already imported on the American road.
Did you know that cheap Japanese cars are sold fast, with about 150,000 cars per week through auto auctions? But even with these affordable prices for cars, not all Japanese or residents of Japan have cars. The high cost of gasoline is the main reason for such. Another reason is that paid parking places are very expensive. Most importantly, it is more convenient to use trains and busses as compared to driving a car.
Stratified-charged engines let fuel into the cylinder even before the ignition is turned on. Nobody in the world has actually marketed such engine until Honda did. The rotary-piston engine was also successfully marketed by a Japanese car company.
Gone are the days when there is a high fatality rate from auto accidents in Japan. Car airbags has greatly contributed to the decline. Other contributors include the improved drunken driving education and the stiffer traffic violation penalties.
Trivia Info Resource: https://www.TS-EXPORT.com
Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located on the north-eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula and, well, there is no other major city like it in the world. The city has transformed itself from a small outpost to a major business hub in a matter of decades. There are a lot of astounding facts you can find online about Dubai, but nothing beats the facts a car lover can find in Dubai.
Why? Because Dubai is home of some of the most mouthwatering supercars you can see on the planet. You can even see some of your dream cars abandoned in the desert. Seeing a Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro SS and Bentley Continental GT being used as patrol cars isn’t even the most interesting cars when compared to these supercars in the fleet. Here are 10 of the best supercars used as Dubai Police fleet:
- Brabus G 700
- Audi R8 V10
- McLaren MP4-12C
- Nissan GT-R
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Bugatti Veyron
- Aston Martin One-77
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Ferrari FF
- BMW i8
Trivia Info Resource: http://saeedipro.com
Trivia Info Resource: http://www.nimr.ae/
The armoured vehicle industry has changed a lot over the last couple of decades and it has saved hundreds of lives of people that receive the protection of armoured cars. Armoured cars have been used mainly for military purposes, however, armoured cars that are used for a citizen’s everyday lives are becoming more and more common worldwide. From the heads of the state, leaders of the country, businessmen to wealthy personalities, armoured is their best choice of protection.
However, let’s talk about something more interesting which is the facts about armoured vehicles.
- In 1485, Leonardo da Vinci designed the first armoured vehicle with a turtle-shaped armoured car with a turret and was protected by cannons mounted on the outside pointing in all direction.
- Some of the very first armoured trucks were modified school busses.
- Armoured vehicles actually have a feature that allows you to drive it even when the tires are deflated.
- The number of armoured vehicles in use worldwide today is over 100,000.
- There is around 1 in 5,000 chances of dying in a car buy accident and the odds of dying in an armoured car by accident is around 1 in 30,000.
- The biggest reason why armoured vehicle sales has increased is due to terrorist attacks and kidnapping attempts.
Buses are everywhere. They are usually for public transportation, however, there can be times when buses are used for private or personal purposes. Most people really prefer riding a bus as compared to other forms of transportation like a cab or a taxi mainly because buses are more practical, affordable and safer. However, there are also buses that are really very costly when you talk about maintenance and design. These types of bus are often used by popular celebrities and can also be seen as the mode of transport in hotels and resorts.
One bus that is considered as the most expensive one as of the present is the one made for and used by the prince of Saudi Arabia, Sultan Bin Fahd. This bus is said to be a very luxurious and glamorous one complete with all the needed comfort fit for a royalty. This single deck bus is very expensive as it is only made for the wealthiest and most influential people in the world.
The maintenance of this bus is really very costly as it depicts the inside room of a 5-star hotel. Once you get inside, you will feel the same ambiance as that of a 5-star hotel suite room; hence, it is considered to be the priciest bus in the globe. Check out this website to know more about buses.